»

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Holidays

Lately the days have become weeks, and the weeks have become months before I even realize the amount of time that has gone by. The holidays have been wonderful to our family. We had relatives from Texas and New Jersey here to celebrate with us. Much of our time was spent with our nephew Logan. He is a few months older than Veda. They had a wonderful time playing together. One of the best moments while he was here was when I took his pacifier away, and he started to cry. Veda put her head on his back and patted him as if she were saying "it's ok" So sweet.

Veda is approaching her first birthday, which brings me happiness along with a bit of sadness. She is no longer my baby, becoming more of a toddler every day :( Veda has quite the personality! She can giggle so hard that I swear you could hear her for miles, and her smile melts my heart! She is such a blessing.
She has begun the journey of learning to walk and tries a few steps everyday. She started out taking one step and falling into our arms and she has now mastered at least 5 steps at a time. Soon she will be running through the house. Veda enjoys learning the different sounds that animals make, and so far she is able to tell me what a kitty, doggy, and cow do. I will try and get this on video later.

As for the rest of the family, we are doing great. I am enjoying my time off school until January 12th. It has been wonderful just relaxing and spending time with my family. The upcoming semester will be my most challenging, so I am already looking forward to the end!

Joe has been off work since December 23rd but has to return the 5th. We have been able to reconnect a bit, our schedules are so different that sometimes it seems like we just say hi in passing. We have been hanging out watching movies, playing with Veda, and actually having dinner together! I will be sad when Monday is here!

I swear I am going to try and post here more often................................until then...........

1 comment:

Brandi said...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE